Reporting to the Director of Product Management, the UI/UX Designer will collaborate with the product management and software engineering organizations to conceive, define, and implement the overall intuitive and streamlined experience that will allow ToolWatch users to simply and effectively manage their warehouse and distributed operations.
The UI/UX designer is the user experience evangelist and has the responsibility of working across all product, sales, professional services, and engineering teams such that the promise of the design concepts become core to the product customers use.
* Defining how each of the user personas will interact with the application and ensuring that the design concepts with support the expected usage model.
* Creating and maintaining the user journey, the supporting wireframes, and the overall maps that will communicate the critical design concepts to the engineering team and the organization at large.
* Conceiving of the overall interface across the platform such that there is a similar look and feel regardless of the area the user is working in, conforming to ToolWatch brand standards.
* Working with the Director of Product Management and Product Owner to review the software engineering timeline to ensure that the design goals can be achieved in the time allotted.
The UI/UX Designer in is an integral member of the product team and will be expected to be involved in many aspects of strategy development and deployment outside of their core scope.
* Documenting all aspects of the user experience and communicating these throughout the organization – inclusive of initial mock-ups and design specifications.
* Creation and maintenance of the overarching design guidelines and libraries that will inform interface decisions across the platform.
* Prototyping design concepts and getting user feedback to validate a prospective approach and creating the final designs that are handed off to software engineering.
* Participating in daily standups and all sprint planning and retrospective sessions to clarify any interface or design concerns and drive to a consistent product look and feel.
* Engaging with the sales, customer service, and professional services teams, keeping them up to date on direction and changes.
Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
* 3-5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably designing SaaS B2B applications
* An educational background in design, computer science, industrial design or other related fields
* Proficiency with the tools required to do the job (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
* Strong communication skills (verbal, written)
* Experience working in an Agile environment